Self-taught software engineer with a background in graphic design and game development. Enthusiastic about developer experience, tooling, and web accessibility. Avid photographer and competitive online gamer. Highly values learning and bringing people together.
- HTML / CSS
- React / Nextjs
- Webpack / Babel
- AWS Lambda
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Software Engineer II @ NikeVanderHouwenContract10/20 - PresentRemoteOnline RetailNodejs, React, Nextjs, Typescript, Babel, Rollup, ESLint, Jest, Open CLI Framework
- Established and applied new code-quality standards using ESLint and Typescript through the creation of a shared configuration package.
- Automated code-quality checks using Git hooks and deferred package versioning in CI.
- Created a CLI tool providing a unified interface for dev tooling to combat dependency churn and begin to standardize how applications and libraries are built, linted, and unit tested.
- Mentored colleagues in and migrated multiple internal core libraries to Typescript.
- Served as a core contributor on a team responsible for shipping a new Nextjs powered micro-frontend application platform.
- Front-End EngineerCodeSandboxContract05/19 - 03/20RemoteSoftware Development ToolsReact, Typescript, Styled-Components, Reakit, Apollo, GraphQL
- Built a 'crash handler' page, prototyped within CodeSandbox, providing users with a tool to file crash reports with pre-filled details. The dog-fooding process used to develop this feature is now used internally to quickly iterate on new UI features.
- Full-Stack EngineerFreelance01/17 - 05/19Pleasanton, CAOpen Source Software DevelopmentReact, Vue, Apollo, GraphQL, AWS
- Published multiple GraphQL example applications and libraries (see projects)
- Front-End Developer4-TellFull-Time10/16 - 12/16Portland, OReCommerce SaaSAurelia, Redux, GraphQL
- Developed a prototype application using the Aurelia Framework. Implemented a CI/CD pipeline deploying to Microsoft Azure and collaborated with the CTO on API design.
- Developer IIICatalyst DevWorksFull-Time08/15 - 02/16Beaverton, ORSoftware Engineering ServicesAurelia, Sass, Apache Velocity, Liferay
- Overhauled Node.js / Grunt build process and project organization, optimizing Node package usage (from 6+ Gb down to ~250 Mb) and reducing automated build times in Jenkins (from over 1 hour down to ~15 minutes), enabling faster iteration and higher productivity
- Front-End DeveloperSellpointsContract12/14 – 05/15Emeryville, CAOnline Marketing & AdvertisingHTML, CSS, jQuery
- Coded a prototype front-end for an IBM Watson powered search results page for CES 2015, which helped to secure a $7.5 million Series C
- Trained a dozen co-workers from sales and management to use an internally developed content management system, enabling the company to meet a huge deadline for a contract with Walmart, equivalent to a year’s worth of normal work in a period of three months
- Apollo Server VercelApollo Server integration for Vercel- Website: https://apollo-server-vercel.saeris.io/- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/apollo-server-vercelApollo Server, GraphQL, Typescript, Nextjs, Jest
- Rachel Taylor DesignPortfolio Website built with Gatsby- Website: https://rtaylor.design- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/gatsby-processGatsby, Typescript, Reakit, Styled-Components, Netlify Functions
- GraphQL ScalarsType-Safety and Validation Library- Website: https://graphql-scalars.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-scalarsTypeScript, GraphQL, Joi, Jest, Webpack
- GraphQL DirectivesApollo Schema Directives Library- Website: https://graphql-directives.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-directivesApollo Server, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Scryfall APIGraphQL wrapper for the Scryfall Magic: The Gathering API- Website: https://scryfall.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/Scryfall-APIApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Netlify Functions, Serverless Framework, Travis CI
- Mini Movie DB APIGraphQL wrapper for the TheMovieDB API- Website: https://tmdb-api.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/tmdb-apiApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Netlify Functions, Serverless Framework, Travis CI
- React ManaMagic: The Gathering Mana Symbols Component Library- Website: https://react-mana.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-manaReact, Emotion, Jest
- React KeyruneMagic: The Gathering Set Icons Component Library- Website: https://react-keyrune.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-keyruneReact, Emotion, Sass, Jest
- Vue SpinnersLoading Indicators Component Library- Website: https://vue-spinners.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/vue-spinnersVue, Emotion, CodeSandbox
- Las Positas Community CollegeAA - Visual CommunicationsMay 2010Livermore, CA