Self-taught software engineer and second-career developer, previously having worked as a game designer. Educational background in graphic design. Avid photographer, competitive online gamer, and craft beer enthusiast. Highly values learning and bringing people together.
- HTML / CSS
- Webpack / Babel
- AWS Lambda
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Front-End EngineerContractCodeSandboxMay 2019 - March 2020RemoteSoftware Development ToolsReact, TypeScript, Styled-Components, Reakit, Apollo, GraphQL
- Responsible for front-end work on Custom Templates, enabling users to build and share their own reusable starter projects.
- Built a 'crash handler' page, prototyped within CodeSandbox, providing users with a tool to file crash reports with pre-filled details. The dog-fooding process used to develop this feature is now used internally to quickly iterate on new UI features.
- Established coding style guidlines and implemented them alongside a refactor of dozens of components to React Hooks / TypeScript. Would later oversee a call for open-source contributions through Hacktoberfest, resulting in 60+ submissions from multiple contributors.
- Full-Stack EngineerFreelanceOct 2012 - May 2019Pleasanton, CAOpen Source Software DevelopmentReact, Vue, Apollo, GraphQL, AWS
- Published multiple GraphQL example applications and libraries (see projects)
- Front-End DeveloperFull-Time4-TellOct 2016 - Dec 2016Portland, OReCommerce SaaSAurelia, Redux, GraphQL, Highcharts, Microsoft Azure
- Developed a prototype application using the Aurelia Framework. Implemented a CI/CD pipeline deploying to Microsoft Azure and collaborated with the CTO on API design.
- Developer IIIFull-TimeCatalyst DevWorksAug 2015 - Feb 2016Beaverton, ORSoftware Engineering ServicesAurelia, Sass, Apache Velocity, Liferay, Grunt
- Responsible for front-end development of various UI components for Regence Blue-Cross and Asuris Health at Cambia Health Solutions
- Overhauled Node.js / Grunt build process and project organization, optimizing Node package usage (from 6+ Gb down to ~250 Mb) and reducing automated build times in Jenkins (from over 1 hour down to ~15 minutes), enabling faster iteration and higher productivity
- Front-End DeveloperContractSellpointsDec 2014 – May 2015Emeryville, CAOnline Marketing & AdvertisingHTML, CSS, jQuery
- Coded a prototype front-end for an IBM Watson powered search results page for CES 2015, which helped to secure a $7.5 million Series C
- Trained a dozen co-workers from sales and management to use an internally developed content management system, enabling the company to meet a huge deadline for a contract with Walmart, equivalent to a year’s worth of normal work in a period of three months
- Rachel Taylor DesignPortfolio Website built with Gatsby- Website: https://rtaylor.design- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/Gatsby-Portfolio-TemplateGatsby, TypeScript, Reakit, Styled-Components, Netlify Functions
- GraphQL ScalarsType-Safety and Validation Library- Website: https://graphql-scalars.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-scalarsTypeScript, GraphQL, Joi, Jest, Webpack
- GraphQL DirectivesApollo Schema Directives Library- Website: https://graphql-directives.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-directivesApollo Server, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Scryfall APIGraphQL wrapper for the Scryfall Magic: The Gathering API- Website: https://scryfall.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/Scryfall-APIApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Netlify Functions, Serverless Framework, Travis CI
- Mini Movie DB APIGraphQL wrapper for the TheMovieDB API- Website: https://mini-movie-db-api.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/mini-movie-db-apiApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Netlify Functions, Serverless Framework, Travis CI
- React ManaMagic: The Gathering Mana Symbols Component Library- Website: https://react-mana.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-manaReact, Emotion, Jest
- React KeyruneMagic: The Gathering Set Icons Component Library- Website: https://react-keyrune.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-keyrunReact, Emotion, Sass, Jest
- Vue SpinnersLoading Indicators Component Library- Website: https://vue-spinners.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/vue-spinnersVue, Emotion, CodeSandbox
- Las Positas Community CollegeAA - Visual CommunicationsMay 2010Livermore, CA