Self-taught software engineer with a background in graphic design and game development. Enthusiastic about developer experience, tooling, and web accessibility. Avid photographer and competitive online gamer. Highly values learning and bringing people together.
- HTML + CSS
- Webpack + Babel
- GitHub Actions
- Web Team LeadFanimeConVolunteer5/21 - PresentRemotePop Culture ConventionNextjs, React, Typescript, Nodejs, Wordpress, MySQL
Leading technical effort to modernize FanimeCon's website and content publishing pipeline by leveraging Nextjs, Markdown and GitHub.
Authoring documentation targeting a non-technical audience of volunteers to perform tasks such as publishing and site maintenance.
Collaborating with other teams to edit, format and publish site content within strict deadlines.
- Senior Software EngineerOne FinanceFull-Time8/21 - 10/21RemoteOnline BankingNodejs, React, Typescript, Styled-Components, ESLint
Contributed to credit products UI, optimized SVG icon library, and set up an automated build and publish pipeline using GitLab CI and GitLab Package Registry.
Mentored junior engineers on the web front-end team in UI design patterns utilizing React and Typescript.
Worked with members of the design and engineering teams to improve onboarding processes, documentation, and inter-team communication.
- Software Engineer II @ NikeVanderHouwenContract10/20 - 7/21RemoteOnline RetailNodejs, React, Nextjs, Typescript, Babel, Rollup, ESLint, Jest, Open CLI Framework
Established and applied new code-quality standards using ESLint and Typescript through the creation of a shared configuration package.
Automated code-quality checks using Git hooks and deferred package versioning in CI.
Created a CLI tool providing a unified interface for dev tooling to combat dependency churn and begin to standardize how applications and libraries are built, linted, and unit tested.
Mentored colleagues in and migrated multiple internal core libraries to Typescript.
Served as a core contributor on a team responsible for shipping a new Nextjs powered micro-frontend application platform.
- Front-End EngineerCodeSandboxContract05/19 - 03/20RemoteSoftware Development ToolsReact, Typescript, Styled-Components, Reakit, Apollo, GraphQL
Responsible for front-end work on Custom Templates, enabling users to build and share their own reusable starter projects.
Built a 'crash handler' page, prototyped within CodeSandbox, providing users with a tool to file crash reports with pre-filled details. The dog-fooding process used to develop this feature is now used internally to quickly iterate on new UI features.
Established coding style guidelines and implemented them alongside a refactor of dozens of components to React Hooks / TypeScript.
- Full-Stack EngineerFreelance01/17 - 05/19Pleasanton, CAOpen Source Software DevelopmentReact, Vue, Apollo, GraphQL, AWS
Published multiple GraphQL example applications and libraries (see projects)
- Front-End Developer4-TellFull-Time10/16 - 12/16Portland, OReCommerce SaaSAurelia, Redux, GraphQL
Responsible for front-end development of various UI components for Regence Blue-Cross and Asuris Health at Cambia Health Solutions
Overhauled build process and project organization, optimizing package usage (from 6+ Gb down to ~250 Mb) reducing build times in Jenkins from over 1 hour down to ~15 minutes.
- Front-End DeveloperSellpointsContract12/14 – 05/15Emeryville, CAOnline Marketing & AdvertisingHTML, CSS, jQuery
Coded a prototype front-end for an IBM Watson powered search results page for CES 2015, which helped to secure a $7.5 million Series C
Trained a dozen co-workers from sales and management to use an internally developed content management system, enabling the company to meet a huge deadline for a contract with Walmart, equivalent to a year’s worth of normal work in a period of three months
- Apollo Server VercelApollo Server integration for Vercel- Website: https://apollo-server-vercel.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/apollo-server-vercelApollo Server, GraphQL, Typescript, Nextjs, Jest
- WorbikDaily Word Puzzle Mini-Game- Website: https://worbik.saeris.ioNextjs, React, Ariakit, Typescript
- Proxy TokensDesign Token utils for generating CSS Variables- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/proxy-tokensStyled-Components, Typescript
- Rachel Taylor DesignPortfolio Website built with Gatsby- Website: https://rtaylor.design- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/gatsby-processGatsby, Typescript, Reakit, Styled-Components
- GraphQL ScalarsType-Safety and Validation Library- Website: https://graphql-scalars.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-scalarsTypeScript, GraphQL, Joi, Jest, Webpack
- GraphQL DirectivesApollo Schema Directives Library- Website: https://graphql-directives.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/graphql-directivesApollo Server, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Scryfall APIGraphQL wrapper for the Scryfall Magic: The Gathering API- Website: https://scryfall.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/Scryfall-APIApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Lambda Functions
- Mini Movie DB APIGraphQL wrapper for the TheMovieDB API- Website: https://tmdb-api.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/tmdb-apiApollo Server, GraphQL, TypeScript, Lambda Functions
- React ManaMagic: The Gathering Mana Symbols Component Library- Website: https://react-mana.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-manaReact, Emotion, Jest
- React KeyruneMagic: The Gathering Set Icons Component Library- Website: https://react-keyrune.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/react-keyruneReact, Emotion, Sass, Jest
- Vue SpinnersLoading Indicators Component Library- Website: https://vue-spinners.saeris.io- Repository: https://github.com/Saeris/vue-spinnersVue, Emotion, CodeSandbox
- Las Positas Community CollegeAA - Visual CommunicationsMay 2010Livermore, CA